We assisted some victims to pay their medical bills and we’re sorry- Marwako

We assisted some victims to pay their medical bills and we’re sorry- Marwako

Mr Amin Lamptey, Public Relations Officer of the under-fire Marwako restaurant has revealed that his outfit is assisting with the medical bills of some customers believed to have suffered food poisoning after eating food from their East Legon branch.

One Mr Edward Elohim triggered a chain of complaints when he posted about his illness after eating at Mawarko last Saturday. Other affected customers followed suit.

Mr Lamptey said Marwako Restaurant has apologised to the victims.

“We visited some of our customers at the hospital and those who were discharged, we visited them at home. We assisted some of them with their hospital bills. The main thing started on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have accepted everything, and we have apologised to the victims.”

However, the Food and Drugs Authority has shut down the East Legon branch of Marwarko Restaurant following the incident.

The FDA, in a statement online, also said it has “together with other relevant agencies, started investigations.”

It assured further that “the issue would be thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions are taken. Additionally, FDA is ensuring the strict implementation of its protocols to prevent any further harm to the public.”

Join the discussion

%d bloggers like this: