The Employment and Labour Relations Ministry, Ministry of Education and other stakeholders including the Senior Staff Association of Universities of Ghana, have agreed to heed to the latter’s tier 2 pension issues within 60 days.
This comes after an emergency meeting with the leadership of the Senior Staff Association of Universities of Ghana on Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
The stakeholders made four other resolutions after the emergency meeting
The resolutions at the meeting were:
- Interest on the tier-two pension will be negotiated and computed for payment.
- Fair Wages and Salaries Commission makes a firm committment to conlcude negotiations with Union on their Conditions of Service.
- The request for non-basic allowances to be discussed further and agreed upon.
- SSA-UoG to consult the National Executive Council (NEC) on the matter of calling off the strike.
- Parties to resolve all matters within 60 days.
Below is the full statement by the Ministry of Employment and Labour representing the government of Ghana.
By: Stella Annan |myactiveonline.com