The West African Examination Council (WAEC ) has announced the release of the results of candidates who sat for the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
This was communicated in a statement by the exam management body on, Monday, February 28, 2022.
“The council will dispatch the results to the schools through the Metropolitan/ Municipal/District Directors of Education. Meanwhile, the council has hosted the results online and candidates who desire may access their results online at the Council’s website www.waecgh.org“the release mentioned.
Out of the results released, 138 candidates had their subject results cancelled for the offence of either bringing in foreign materials into the examination hall or colluding with other candidates while some others have their entire results withheld or cancelled.
WAEC further explains that the withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of investigations.
Some BECE statistics so far
A total of 572,167 candidates made up of 287,730 males and 284,437 females entered the examination.
Among the registered candidates, 61 had visual impairment and 321 were identified with hearing impairment.
In addition, 86 candidates had special assessment needs due to other conditions.
The total entry figure was 7.61./0 higher than the 2020 entry of 531,707.
In all 18,028 schools presented candidates for the examination, which was administered at 2,158 centres.
Out of the total number of candidates who registered, 7,315 (1.28%) were absent.
How to check your results.
- Visit the waec official website or click here to open the results check page.
- Select I want to Buy Serials and Pins.
- Follow the process to buy the results checker pin. NB: If you already have a results checker, this step 3 and move to step 4.
- Go back to the previous page and click I want to check results for BECE/WASSCE (eResults) or click here.
- Enter your Index Number and confirm it by reentering in the field provided for in the form.
- Select the Exam Type (BECE) and the exam year (2021).
- Enter the Serial number and the PIN.
- Check the captcta box to tell the website that you are not a robot.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for your results to appear and click print to print out the results or save the results as a pdf.