Fire destroys properties worth millions of Ghana cedis at popular pedestrian mall at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra. The fire which reportedly started in the early hours of Wednesday razed down several shops in the popular shopping centre leaving shop owners shell-shocked.
Fire Service personnel were at hand to quench the inferno but could not save the shopping centre from going down on its knees. The usual busy area has now become a mourning zone for business owners who are affected by the disaster.
Security personnel have been deployed to assist in maintaining order. No casualties have been reported yet but shop owners would have nightmares pondering over their losses in the coming days and weeks.
See more phots from the scene.